The Postal Service has updated its international inquiries online application to better serve customers.
U.S. customers who are registered usps.com users may now file an international inquiry regarding their lost or damaged packages. If the result of the inquiry is claim-eligible, an international claim will be initiated automatically.
The update changed the international inquiries online application on usps.com so it requires users to upload their “evidence of mailing” and “evidence of value” documentation during the inquiry process.
This improves the process for customers because they won’t have to wait to receive an international claims packet via mail, to be completed and returned with supporting documentation.
Additionally, customers may check the status of their inquiries and claims online 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We all know that price in this industry is paramount to choosing a vendor partner. But we also think that it's the other things that set IMS apart from our competitors! We like to think that we take "good service" to a completely different level. Here's some unique advantages we provide our customers .....
- Unparalleled Customer Service. Only our customers truly know the experience, but I can guarantee that you can talk to a real person any time (normal business hours). We go to great lengths to have a quote or answer to a question within an hour or two - if not immediately. You'll also get my cell phone number for those evenings or weekends when business owners or managers are often still working.
- Daily pickups nationwide and all-inclusive pricing available to customers of ALL sizes.
- Expertise. We've done nothing but process international mail and parcels - for 28 years. We've built this business from the ground up and include many innovations that are very unique to our industry.
- Accurate and timely invoicing. Through the development of a highly customized ERP system, invoices and mailing statements are 100% accurate and literally available at our fingertips. This allows us to invoice the same day as received if our wholesale customers are waiting to invoice their customers. We can also provide line item detail for packages showing the exact weight and cost (even including a comparison to USPS Retail rates for comparable services).
- We track a lot of packages so we can help set customer expectations. We can also provide data on YOUR packages when requested (we provide this for all new customers). We can also provide country specific information on both delivery and delivery scan rates which average about 95% via our ePacket service.
- There are also many things we do to insure timely entry and delivery that go unseen. We go to great lengths to fix bad addresses - not even a single package gets by us if it's missing an address component or if routing "issues". Trust me, we've seen and handled it all!
If ever in the area of Kalamazoo (SW Michigan) and it's not "blizzarding", stop and see us - we love company!
The Switzerland Federal Taxation Administration earlier this year announced Value Added Tax (VAT) changes which will impact companies shipping goods to Switzerland. Effective January 1, 2019, any mail order company which generates at least 100,000 Swiss Francs in turnover per year from small consignments which it transports or dispatches to Switzerland from abroad must be entered in the Switzerland VAT Register. VAT will be assessed on such consignments. Following is a link to the Switzerland Federal Taxation Administration website with details: https://www.estv.admin.ch/estv/en/home/mehrwertsteuer/fachinformationen/regelung-fuer-den-versandhandel.html
If you have specific questions concerning the Switzerland VAT, please contact the Switzerland Federal Tax Administration directly:
Click here for questions about the Value Added Tax.
Phone: 41 58 462 21 11
Federal Tax Administration FTA
Main Division Value Added Tax
Need an effective return mechanism to get packages returned from Canada? IMS now offers "International Business Reply Service (IBRS) Canada Small Package Return" service that makes it very easy for your customers to return packages back to your USA location.
The service is designed for items measuring up to 24” in length and weighing up to 4.4 lbs. IMS will provide you with a preapproved label containing content information along with your US address. You can make this label available by either enclosing with each outbound package, via email, or post in your web site. Then, your customer simply affixes to the package and drops off at any Post Office or Post Collection Box in Canada. No postage required. Items are delivered back to the US in an average of 4-7 days. You’re charged only for those items actually returned.
What is Commercial ePacket (CeP)? It’s a relatively new service from the United States Postal Service that provides door to door tracking to 36 countries (as of 2/11/18) with more being added. The service is only available for small packages containing merchandise and weighing 4.4 lbs or less.
HUGE SAVINGS! Compared to First Class Package International (FCPI), our all-inclusive rate for CeP will save you 50% or more. Your savings will vary by piece weight and destination country. This is a mere fraction of what you’d pay for other trackable services like PMEI and PMI.
Countries served (effective 2/11/18):
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
How do customers use the service? IMS can integrate with the most popular types of shipping software to print the unique CeP labels and facilitate the package data transfer. Once enabled (usually takes a week or less), you can begin using the service immediately. For most integrations, there's no cost or revenue obligation to the customer. IMS will sort your packages by country and apply our permit imprint to pay for postage.
What can you send? You can send packages weighing up to 4.4 lbs with a value of $400 or less. The packages must be rectangular in shape and the total of length, height, and thickness cannot exceed 36″ (not greater than 24″ in length alone). Minimum size is 6″ x 3″ x 1/4″.
Tracking packages: The USPS tracking number sequences are preassigned. When you generate an order or package label, the “LX” prefixed number appears on your manifest and shipping label so you can pass this on to your customers immediately. Packages can be tracked direct from USPS.com.
What is the cost? You get tracking and 5-6 day delivery (worldwide average) with savings of 50% or more off the cost of First Class Pkg Intl postage alone. Your savings will vary by destination country, weight, and overall volume.