We often have this conversation with prospective customers - how are these services different? International Priority Airmail (IPA) and Commercial ePacket (CeP) are both services of the United States Postal Service (USPS) and are best utilized by consolidators like IMS. By creating large volumes and having the processing expertise, we can provide the best possible rates and delivery of your packages.
There are both similarities and differences ......
- ePacket offers door to door tracking, IPA packages only get an acceptance scan upon entry in Chicago (Endicia users).
- IPA offers options for Letters, Flats, Packages, and M-Bags (printed matter over 4.4 lbs).
- ePacket is for Packages only.
- IPA offers service worldwide, ePacket goes to 36 of the most popular countries (and adding more).
- Both services travel the exact same paths to ultimate delivery in an average of 3-7 days.
- Both have maximum piece weights of 4.4 lbs.
- At basic published pricing, IPA is up to about $1.00/pkg cheaper than ePacket for lightweight packages. But when you get over about 1 lb to most countries, ePacket is actually cheaper and provides full tracking!
- Most of our customers will use ePacket for all qualifying countries, and IPA for the ROW.
- We can integrate with the most popular software vendors (including the whole Stamps.com family) to make these services available on YOUR work stations.