Both the USPS and Canada Post have announced new rate implementation dates for 2012. New rate schedules went to IMS customers the first week of January.
USPS price changes go into effect on January 22, 2012 and will affect both domestic and international services. Based on USPS calculations, the postage increase by service (international services only):
- Global Express Guaranteed (GXG): 6.0%
- Express Mail International (EMI): 11.6%
- Priority Mail International (PMI): 8.7%
- First Class Mail International (FCMI): 7.0%
- International Priority Airmail (IPA): 1.0% (no change to m-bags)
- International Surface Air Lift (ISAL): 13.7% (no change to m-bags)
- Airmail M-Bags: 3.5%
We’re obviously not happy about the ISAL increase and would be happy to discuss your options. Please contact Mark at your convenience.
Note that the above estimates are for postage only. IMS service rates are not changing for this rate cycle.
Canada Post changes go into effect on January 16, 2012. Increases will vary by service and are subject to current currency exchange and volume fluctuations. For an updated quote please contact Mark.
Relative to getting mail processed and entered at current rates - we must have mail in house by the Wednesday prior to implementation date to guarantee current rate (or earlier if high volume). Please contact us in advance if you think you may have specific mail that you want to drop at current rates. Thanks in advance because this is always a busy week!